Los Angeles, CA
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
Amity Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of individuals, children and families marginalized by homelessness, poverty, addiction, crime and more. Our Culinary Art Department intends to revolutionize food delivery in the non-profit sector to aid in the promotion of health and wellness through proper diet and nutrition. Our goal is to significantly reduce obesity, diabetes, hyper-tension and more for those we serve. Menus are creative, moving towards plant based, without soda or other sugar based drinks. We are seeking a cook who has our same nutritional goals,interested in making a difference; working in a kitchen that produces 600 + meals a day
Responsible for teaching and safely conducting the planning, preparation, and serving of facility meals.Responsible for scheduling kitchen workers. The Kitchen Manager will safely supervise faculty and students under instruction in food preparation,waste disposing, and serving standards. In addition, as a staff member, the Kitchen Manager will maintain contract audit documentation, equipment, and supplies. The Kitchen Manager’s main concern includes the safety, supervision, and role modeling for our students.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Supervises and instructs faculty and students in food preparation and serving meals.
- Oversees and encourages recycling practices and waste disposal according to local procedures.
- Daily menu planning as well as preparing meals for special events (trips, graduation, holidays, open house, etc.)
- Assures maintenance and cleanliness of facility, equipment, supplies.
- Maintains safe and secure storage of kitchen area facility, equipment, supplies and food.
- Develops and practices emergency procedures including kitchen and serious student injuries.
- Communicates maintenance repairs and supplies need to proper personnel.
- Teaches students how to maintain all equipment within compliance standards.
- Serves as adviser and positive role model for assigned faculty and students.
- Prevents and intervenes in faculty/student altercations and incidents.
- Assumes supervision of responsibilities.
- Administers first aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with American Red Cross standards.
- Conducts and practices emergency evacuation procedures, serious student injuries and fire evacuation procedures.
- Participate in community activities (circles, groups, ETC.)
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent GED
- One (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current certifications as a CPR and First Aid by a nationally recognized organization (e.g., American Red Cross)
- Current State Driver’s license.
- MUST be able to pass CDCR clearance.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to life and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Maintain social, ethical and organizational values and norms; building trust and confidence with the staff and students; respecting confidentiality.
- Applies high performance standards to all work related activities.