Los Angeles, CA
Description: The intention of our services is to include people in Los Angeles County who have not been able to get the needed assistance in terms of Housing, Mental Health and reliable linkages to community resources in order to help minimize recidivism.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview and assess participant needs through interviews with participants referred by the Office of Diversion and Reentry.
- Verify and document eligibility of participants.
- Develop a service plan with the client to identify and address service needs and goals.
- Assist with public benefits advocacy.
- Work with other staff to assist with placement and case management upon release
- Collaborate with other area agencies and partners involved with the participant to ensure a coordinated effort to best serve the client.
- Attend inter-agency case coordination meeting, coalitions, regional advocacy groups and boards as appropriate in benefiting the participants served and support community cooperation in addressing areas of need.
- Maintain concise and comprehensive case records on all participants seeking services.
- Provide accurate daily and monthly statistical information as per funding source guidelines.
- Coordinate trips for participants to housing preparation appointments.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree in behavioral health or social science and one year of experience providing outreach, substance abuse counseling, reentry services and case management within a culturally diverse population OR the equivalent of a high school diploma and three (3) cumulative years of experience of administrative responsibility in providing outreach, substance abuse counseling, reentry services and case management within a culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge on how to administer assessments, substance abuse counseling, reentry services and case management within a culturally diverse population, preferably with both men and women.
- Bilingual, fluent Spanish/English oral and written skills are highly desirable.
- Must be able to pass Los Angeles County Sheriff background check for entry into local County Jail facilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; appreciation for the behavior, psychological, physical and social effects of drugs and drug abuse.
- Understanding of human emotions.
- Recognition of the importance of individual differences by gaining knowledge about personalities, cultures, lifestyles, and other factors that influence behavior.
- Must demonstrate ability to apply this knowledge to treatment practices.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS/SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
- Must attend meetings as required.
- Must have valid Driver License
- Reliable vehicle for participant appointments
- Current vehicle registration and insurance
Job Type: Full-time