Provides health care to adults, maintains health records and refers students to outside professional health and dental care providers as deemed necessary for any routine or emergency medical situations.
Statements of Duties:
- Manages a team of medical assistants in the Wellness Center develops a team schedule to cover all duties therein.
- Teaches faculty in assisting students with self-administration of medications and documentation of all medications administered.
- Establishes and maintains health records, including medical history, physical examinations, information regarding doctor’s visits, and a clinical record of health problems while in residence.
- Oversees the arrangement of medical/psychological and dental examinations for students by a physician as deemed necessary and complete the required documentation.
- Completes the Assessments for each new student.
- Instructs students and faculty in specific health conditions.
- Teaches students about personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Designs and implements a health care curriculum.
- Functions as a liaison between student and physician when necessary.
- Orders mediations for students as necessary from pharmacies and maintains records of medications; supervises self-administration of medications; checks all prescriptions prior to their being filled.
- Does follow up on all hospitalized students including hospital visits and intervention as necessary.
- Develops professional working relationships with local hospitals and detox centers.
- Provides emergency evaluation and services (treatment) as indicated.
- Participates in community building activites
- On-Call for medical emergencies.
- Current License as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to react quickly in an emergency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have CPR and First Aid certificate and knowledge of all relevant emergency procedures
- Ability to work with other medical professionals
- Demonstrates ability to work with adults
- Demonstrates ability to work with adults with histories and mental/ emotional challenges
- Basic computer literacy, as well as experience with Electronic Health Records and/or ability to learn new software relevant to position requirements