Los Angeles, CA
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community in California is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn at our community located in Los Angeles. This ground breaking opportunity will help the Los Angeles community but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.Amity is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built.Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K plans as well as paid vacation and sick accrual.
Statement of Duties:
- Notify staff of any symptoms or signs of substance abuse of students and/or drug overdoses.
- Supervise students during daily activities and sleeping hours; and constantly remains awake and alert.
- Assume supervision responsibilities in the absence of other staff.
- Document and monitor bed checks as required.
- Communicate with other monitors in regards to daily activities or disturbances.
- Serve as advisor and positive role model for students.
- Prevent and intervenes in student altercations and incidents.
- Administer First Aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Conduct and practices emergency evacuation procedures.
- Assist in maintaining facility and equipment clean, orderly and proper working condition.
Skills and Abilities :
- Qualified and trained to recognize the symptoms and signs of substance abuse and have the ability to respond to drug overdose and provide documentation used to meet this requirement within 30 calendar days of hire.
- Possess excellent oral and written skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity to ethnic and cultural differences and its relevancy and implications for treatment protocols.
- Bilingual, fluent Spanish/English oral and written skills highly desirable.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- You must be able to pass CDCR clearance standards
Within ninety (90) days of hire, obtain First Aid and CPR certification and pass a physical examination and tuberculosis test from a health professional.