Los Angeles, CA
Directing and safely supervising students during daily activities.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Notify staff of any symptoms or signs of substance abuse of students and /or drug overdoses.
- Supervise students during daily activities.
- Assumes supervision responsibilities in the absence of other staff.
- Document and monitor bed checks as required.
- Communicate with other monitor bed checks as required.
- Serve as advisor and positive role model for students.
- Prevent and intervenes in student altercations and incidents.
- Administer First Aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Conduct and practices emergency evacuation procedures.
- Assist in maintaining facility and equipment clean, orderly and proper working condition.
KNOWLEDGE OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEMS AS DEMONSTRATED BY
- Knowledge of practices in prevention, intervention and treatment of substance abuse.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess excellent oral and written skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity to to ethnic and cultural differences and its relevancy and implications for treatment protocols.
- Bilingual, fluent Spanish/English oral written skills highly desirable.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Must be able to pass clearance with CDCR standards.