Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community in California is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn at our community located in Vista, California . This ground breaking opportunity will help the Vista community but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built.
Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
- Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the culinary area.
- Overall management of daily planning, preparation and presentation of three (3) balanced meals a day for the entire facility, two of which are hot meals and sack lunches for those who are off-site during the day.
- Supervise the Cook’s/Food Service Worker’s
- Prepares meals and helps maintain a high standard of physical excellence in the food service dining room and kitchen.
- Ensures that menus containing pork or pork derivatives, as well as food allergens are identified clearly in order to accommodate special diets for religious or medical reasons.
- Taste tests all food prior to serving and retains a sampling of each meal for 24 hours to determine possible food contamination.
- Assists in the training and development of students learning the vocation of food service which includes cooking, food preparation, and presentation of the meal, dining room etiquette, food storage and daily hygiene.
- Follows the Community schedule and presents all meals on time.
- Purchase and properly store food;
- Ensure kitchen activities are in line with local, state and federal health sanitation guidelines.
- Schedule kitchen faculty.
- Maintain audit documentation of equipment and supplies.
- Conduct and document daily inspections of kitchen and dining area.
- Daily menu planning as well as preparing meals for specials events (Trips, graduation, holidays, etc)
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of facility equipment and supplies
- Maintain safe and secure storage of kitchen area, equipment, supplies and food.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent oral and written skills.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act in regards to food and kitchen requirements.
- Knowledge of health and sanitation requirements.
- Awareness and sensitivity to ethnic and cultural differences and its relevancy and implications for treatment protocols.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally and 10 -30 pounds regularly.
- Bilingual, fluent Spanish/English oral and written skills highly desirable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- One (1) year of experience in the efficient operation of a culinary area.
- Clean driving record.
- Possess valid Driver’s license.
- Possess a valid California food Handler’s card.