Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community in California is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn at our community located in Vista, California . This ground breaking opportunity will help the Vista community but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built.
Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
• Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the culinary area.
• Purchase and properly store food.
• Scheduling of students work times.
• Completing the Hazardous Equipment Inventory documentation.
• Leads and participates in group, individual meetings concerning the kitchen and other therapeutic processes.
• Formulates alternatives to the menu when certain items are not available that are within budget and nutritional guidelines.
• Taste tests all food prior to serving and retains a sampling of each meal for 24 hours to determine possible food contamination.
• Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one year experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Food Handlers certification