Los Angeles, CA
This role is responsible for providing network administration and system engineering as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-tier computer and software support to users on-site and via telephone with a positive, friendly attitude while provided outstanding customer service.
- Provide timely response and follow-up to all support calls.
- Record daily updates and tracking information.
- Perform PC setup and maintenance, including operating system and software installation.
- Perform network connection troubleshooting to isolate and resolve problems.
- Perform maintenance and administration of PC based applications including anti-virus software, and other department-specific applications.
- Catalog and maintain PC and laptop hardware, software and warranty inventory.
- Document and update all IT support processes on a continual basis.
- Provide weekly status report on open and resolved issues.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, accessed, or stored.
- Perform any other duties related to Information Management as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in an IT or call center department (or combination of both).
- Strong understanding of PCs and peripherals in a networked environment.
- MS Windows 7, 10 support experience. MAC OS familiarity a plus.
- LAN Support experience, including Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suites 2010-2016
- Experience using and supporting iPad, & IPhones in corporate environments.
- Remote access support experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, superb listening and follow-up abilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or technical school certificate/diploma, or equivalent experience.
Job may require hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40hours per week to complete priority projects. Job pressure exists in the balancing of a variety of projects and numerous simultaneous deadlines.
Ability to read, write and speak English including speaking to groups of varying sizes.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Job is frequently varied and often includes new or unique work assignments involving a moderate to high degree of complexity. Variety is seen working with styles requiring different fabrics and processes. Complexity is found in optimizing a number of factors involved with production planning and multiple conflicting priorities.
Must be proficient in MS office products including: Word, Outlooks, Power Point, and advance working knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of full circle desired, but not required.