Los Angeles, CA
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community in Los Angeles, California is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn at our community located in Los Angeles. This ground breaking opportunity will help the Los Angeles community but will also enhance your training and experience in the field. Amity is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
Responsible for providing highly organized and efficient administrative and logistical support for Hiring Manager.
Statement of Duties:
- Produce and edit complex material including: technical papers, charts, graphs, and manuscripts.
- Perform a variety of administrative, secretarial and receptionist task including but not limited to arranging itineraries, preparing agendas, arranging meetings and composing correspondence and memos.
- Establish and maintain files and records.
- May attend committees or other meetings.
- Maintain calendar of hiring manager.
- Serve as time keeper for hiring manager.
- Coordinates deadlines and handles them directly, or through others, to ensure timely completion.
- Collect and disseminate information to the appropriate persons.
- Attend committees or other meetings as a representative of hiring manager.
- Assist in all administrative functions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to efficiently and effectively operate office equipment.
- Computer expertise including MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent oral, written and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact with agency and department heads.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Four (4) years of experience in positions of increasing performing administrative duties.
- Must be able to pass CDCR clearance.