Soledad, CA 93960
Salary: $34.62 /hour
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn to join our us as, Associate Program Director. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
The Associate Program Director supports the Program Director in the day-to-day administration of programming activities and provides direct supervision to the Supervising Counselor on site.
What You Will Do:
- Overall administrative responsibility to ensure service delivery meets organizational standards and contractual obligations.
- On-site presence for an average of 40 working hours per week during program hours Monday through Friday.
- Responsible for overall administration of the day-to-day delivery of program activities in the absence of the Program Director;
- Provide oversight, training, and support to the Supervising Counselor;
- Coordinate with the Supervising Counselor to develop the monthly reports documenting counseling staff’s progress made towards achieving their AOD certification.
- Coordinate monthly staff training days with the Supervising Counselor;
- Support the Program Director as requested; and,
- Work collaboratively with CDCR/CCHCS and institution staff.
What You Will Bring:
As Associate Program Director you must meet ONE of the following minimum requirements:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related field, and ONE (1) years of certified supervisory experience providing SUDT services as certified AOD Counselor; OR An Associate’s Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, and THREE (3) years of certified supervisory experience providing SUDT services as a certified AOD Counselor at a responsibility; OR FIVE (5) or more years of* certified* supervisory experience providing* certified* SUDT services, as a certified AOD Counselor.
- Be certified as an AOD Counselor by a certifying organization approved by DHCS at a level that allows the Supervising Counselor to provide clinical verification of internship hours for AOD Counseling staff and OMCP Mentors.
- AOC certification is required unless exempt as a licensed professional or registered associates as specified in the Agreement.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of drug abuse.
- Understanding or program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communications and typing skills. Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectivity under pressures generated by association with substance abuse treatment participants.
- Ability to provide genuine warmth, empathy and honest sensitive to program participants to facilitate positive change.
- Ability to provide program participants with frequent acknowledgment and reinforcement for positive behaviors, as well as consistent and predictable feedback for negative behaviors, which may include reporting violations to CDCR staff.
- Ability to develop a treatment alliance with participants. Demonstrate ethical behavior in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the participant.
- Demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards faculty, institution staff, and program participants; and model professional, effective work habit and responsible living.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace
- Relocation opportunities available at select locations