Los Angeles, CA
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community in Los Angeles, California is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn at our community located in Los Angeles. This ground breaking opportunity will help the Los Angeles community but will also enhance your training and experience in the field. Amity is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built.
Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development and implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Position Summary – Responsible for all property maintenance needs.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Provides maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Supervises and trains residents, clients, or volunteers as assigned to maintenance duties.
- Carries out monthly and annual preventative maintenance programs.
- Participates in community building activities, as appropriate to position.
- Responsible for picking up all materials and supplies for property.
- Additional duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general repair and maintenance.
- Must be able to life and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Maintain social, ethical and organizational values and norms: building trust and confidence with staff and with the students; respecting confidentiality.
- Applies high performance standards to all work related activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Knowledge of general repair and maintenance
- Must be able to pass CDCR clearance
- Willingness to learn and participate in workshops as required